I love fig, especially those dried figs.They are delicious and rich in dietary fibre.
Back in the good old days when I was young, I like eating Fig Rolls – a sweet biscuit filled with fig paste in the middle.
To fill my dream of eating fig, I decided to bake a fig bread today.
Fig Bread recipe:
Fillings – Figs
- Prepare a pot of boiling water and soak the dried figs into the water for 30 seconds
- Take out and dry the figs with kitchen paper
- Cut the figs into smaller pieces
- Mix all the ingredients (except the unsalted butter and figs)
- Knead the dough until it is smooth on the surface
- Add the unsalted butter and knead until the dough is firm
- Add the figs to the dough and mix them thoroughly
- Leave the dough to rise for 90 minutes
- Relax the dough
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces and shape them into balls
- Cover the dough and leave them for 15 minutes
- Shape the dough into two short oval loaves and leave them for a final proof of 60 minutes or until double in size
This time, I will use another scoring pattern – Polka.
Pre-heat the oven to 240°C and lower the temperature to 230°C right after putting the dough inside the oven.
Bake for 20 minutes.
While baking the bread, my kitchen was filled with the wonderful flavour of fig.
Oh, I loved it. 😍😍
Couldn’t wait to have a slice of it. 🤣🤣
Fresh and tasty 👍👍